O’Brien Service Company
O’Brien Service Company is a locally owned and operated business established in 1981 to provide a complete range of heating and air services, from installation to regular maintenance. Our highly trained and versatile technicians can expertly handle the most complex repairs and advise you on the benefits of regular maintenance.
According to the Trane Customer Satisfaction Survey, 100% of our customers said they would recommend us to a friend. It may come as no surprise then, that O’Brien is the #1 rated Trane Comfort Specialist Dealer in the region. And nationally, our customer service ranks 17th out of more than 1700 Trane dealers. We are consistently ranked in the top 20 year after year.
Our commitment to customer satisfaction is evident in everything we do – from our insistence on wearing protective shoe covers to ensure the cleanliness of your home, to offering the industry’s highest quality products and service. This attention to detail is what allows us to say with confidence that your equipment will always be fixed right – guaranteed…
When you choose O’Brien Service Company, you will receive service from a company that has been providing high quality, trusted service to residential and commercial customers throughout the entire New Hanover, Brunswick, and Pender county areas since 1981!
Who Are We? We are…
- Trane Comfort Specialists
- Recipients of the 2014 Trane Soar Award, which goes to the top dealer in the region
- A Duke Energy Progress Approved Contractor
- Angie’s List Super Service Award Winners 2010-2016
- Proud holders of an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Waterfurnace GEO-Pro Dealer and a GEO-Smart authorized contractor
- Mitsubishi Electric Heating & Cooling Contractor
- An Energy Star Approved Contractor
- Members of the International Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- Members of the Cape Fear Green Builders of America
- Referred by 100% of customers who participate in the Trane Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Recipients of Trane’s top award for most products sold from the XL/XV high efficiency line
- Insured for General Liability & Workmen’s Compensation
- North Carolina State License # 13062
- Sponsors of Bengals Sports, Laney Sports, Port City Soccer, Supper Optimist Softball, and Little League T-ball.
- We remove & dispose of all hazardous materials in accordance with EPA regulations.
- Provide comprehensive employee benefit program ensuring experienced & skilled long-term staff.
- Company owner (Jimmy) is a Wilmington native/Laney graduate & HVAC Program graduate of CFCC in 1984.
- Jimmy has been a Fireman with the City of Wilmington since 1982 (recently retired).
- Jimmy’s father is a Retired Police Officer with the City of Wilmington.
- Partners with ‘Habitat for Humanity’ and the North Carolina Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
What we promise:
- O’Brien provides and calculates an EPA mandated room-by-room “Heat Loss/Gain” aka “Load Calc”.
- We follow-up after every installation in-person to ensure quality and 100% customer satisfaction.
- 100% System Sizing Guarantee.
- Custom duct design and manufacturing per Manual D and sized per Manual J.
- Several flexible financing options & programs available.
- Full Service/Maintenance Department with 24 Hour Emergency Service.
- Participant in Duke Energy Progress Energy.
- We evaluate and then represent the most reliable and highest-efficiency products.
- Maintain a monitored customer referral reward program.
Earning your satisfaction and referral is our number one priority. We do this by providing the above and paying attention to the details. Though, if you feel our staff hasn’t performed as we led you to believe please contact us.