O’Brien Service Company
O’Brien Service Company is a locally owned and operated business. Established in 1981, our company’s founding goal was to provide a complete range of heating and air services, spanning from installation to regular maintenance. However, we not only wanted to offer a variety of services; we wanted to do it right. That’s why over three decades after we opened, our highly trained and versatile technicians continue to expertly handle the most complex repairs. By calling O’Brien, you can rest assured you’ll receive friendly service and knowledgeable technicians and staff; together, we can support you through any repair, replacement, or regular maintenance.
What’s great about the age of technology is that you don’t just have to take our word for it. According to the Trane Customer Satisfaction Survey, 100% of our customers said they would recommend O’Brien to a friend. It may come as no surprise then that O’Brien Service Company is the #1 rated Trane Comfort Specialist Dealer in the region. And nationally, our customer service ranks 17th out of more than 1700 Trane dealers and consistently ranks in the top 20 year after year. It’s important to feel confident when you hire a company to take care of your home’s needs; O’Brien strives to be that company for the greater Wilmington area.
Our commitment to customer satisfaction is evident in everything we do – from our insistence on wearing protective shoe covers to ensure the cleanliness of your home, to offering the industry’s highest quality products and service. Whether it’s our customer service or a repair call, this attention to detail is what allows us to say with confidence that your equipment will always be fixed right – guaranteed.
When you choose O’Brien Service Company, you can feel assured you’re working with a reputable company; our business has been providing high quality, trusted service to residential and commercial customers throughout the entire New Hanover, Brunswick, and Pender County areas for over 35 years.
Who Are We? We are…
- Trane Comfort Specialists
- Recipients of the 2014 Trane Soar Award, which goes to the top dealer in the region
- 2016 Trane Top Ten Dealer award Raleigh DSO
- A Duke Energy Progress Approved Contractor
- Angie’s List Super Service Award Winners 2010-2016
- Proud holders of an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Waterfurnace GEO-Pro Dealer and a GEO-Smart authorized contractor
- Mitsubishi Electric Heating & Cooling Contractor
- Daikin Comfort Pro
- An Energy Star Approved Contractor
- Members of the International Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- Members of the Cape Fear Green Builders of America
- Recipients of 100% Satisfaction by customers who participate in the Trane Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Recipients of Trane’s top award for most products sold from the XL/XV high efficiency line
- Insured for General Liability & Workmen’s Compensation
- North Carolina State License # 13062
- Sponsors of Bengals Sports, Laney Sports, Port City Soccer, Supper Optimist Softball, and Wilmington Senior Softball League.
- Careful participants working within EPA regulations regarding removal and disposal of hazardous materials
- Providers of comprehensive employee benefit program ensuring, experienced & skilled long-term staff
- Partnered with ‘Habitat for Humanity’ and the North Carolina Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
- Wish Champion Sponsor for Make-A-Wish Eastern North Carolina.
- Caring for Kids Radiothon Sponsor NHRMC.
- Burgwin-Wright House & Gardens Corporate Sponsors
- Company owner (Jimmy) is a Wilmington native/Laney graduate & HVAC Program graduate of CFCC in 1984.
- Jimmy has been a Fireman with the City of Wilmington since 1982 (recently retired).
- Jimmy’s father is a Retired Police Officer with the City of Wilmington.
Our promise is to
- provide and calculate an EPA mandated room-by-room “Heat Loss/Gain” aka a “Load Calc”.
- follow-up after every installation in-person to ensure quality and 100% customer satisfaction.
- have a 100% System Sizing Guarantee.
- provide custom duct design and manufacturing per Manual D and sized per Manual J.
- offer several flexible financing options & programs.
- provide full Service/Maintenance Department with 24 Hour Emergency Service.
- be a participant in Duke Energy Progress Energy.
- evaluate and then represent the most reliable and highest-efficiency products.
- maintain a monitored customer referral reward program.
Earning your satisfaction and referral is our number one priority. We do this by providing the above and paying attention to the details.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact O’Brien; our service team will be happy to help!
“We have used O’Brien for over 10 years. They are our go to people for any heating and air problems. Both of the original units to our house have been replaced with Tranes by O’Brien and they have serviced them every year since installation. All of their techs, sales reps, and office staff have always been polite, friendly, and provided us with excellent service. Josh was the rep who came out this year. As always he arrived on time, worked efficiently and was very respectful of our home. Josh represents O’Brien well. Thank you all for your excellent service over the years.” -Sheila & Mike I. (Wilmington, NC 28403)