HVAC Install Technician Job Description
Established in 1981, O’Brien Service Company is a locally owned and operated HVAC business located in Wilmington, NC.
Our mission is to provide outstanding customer service and superior installation, repair, and maintenance of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning products. This will be accomplished by installing only the highest quality and most efficient systems for our residential and commercial clients.
Our vision is to be recognized as the foremost HVAC contractor in North Carolina. We will be the best trained, the most knowledgeable, and the most proficient team. Furthermore, we will encourage humor, politeness, and common courtesy in each member as the standard of behavior at all times. We will promote mutual respect for one another and support a friendly, warm working environment.
Empowering ourselves to ask if is it good for the customer, and company, and is it the right thing to do.
Absolute honesty and integrity.
Everyone works together to achieve excellence.
Self-motivation is the key to growth and profitability.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Retirement plan
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
Pay per hour, based on skills and experience. Particulars can be discussed during the interview.
- Install technician tools
- Proficient in installing round and rectangular duct
- Able to measure ductwork and install all equipment accessories
- Basic understanding of more complex sheet metal fittings
- Can complete production homes unsupervised and on budget
- Able to build on-site fittings
- Basic understanding of geothermal installation
- Can complete simple low-voltage connections on furnaces, air handlers, and air conditioners.
- Must be able to communicate well with supervisors, builders, and other trades
- Maintain builder and subcontractor relations
- Ability to complete all necessary paperwork
- Able to complete and follow through on change orders
- Braze and test line sets
- Operate company vehicle daily
- Follow instructions from the supervisor and carry out in a timely manner
- Supervise and be responsible for other installers
- Report problems with company tools or vehicles promptly
- Work well with customers, co-workers, and subcontractors
- Maintain a professional relationship with builders
- Run and work a job from start to finish
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Run a job without supervision
- Complete jobs within the labor budget
- Complete all necessary paperwork, job packets, change orders, and time cards
- Other duties as assigned
O’Brien Service Company is an equal-opportunity employer.