Geothermal systems are a great, energy efficient way to heat and cool your home or business. In fact, they’re so efficient we installed one for our new building back in 2015! This article will give a brief overview of geothermal systems. However, for more details you can always contact our office!
How do They Differ from a Conventional System?
Geothermal systems vary based on several factors including the ones listed below.
- They use the earth’s natural energy instead of relying on electricity or other sources to heat and cool your home.
- An indoor unit is paired with pipes called a loop system that are installed in the ground. Can be vertical or horizontal depending on the space.
- The loops exchange heat with the earth, which has a constant temperature. (not affected by the seasons). Therefore, on the coldest and hottest days of the year it’s still just as efficient.
- The loops replace the need for the outdoor condenser. Thus there is no exposure to the weakening outdoor elements.
Overview of Geothermal Systems Benefits.
There are several benefits including the following.
- Can save up to 70% on your heating and cooling costs according to Waterfurnace.
- Have an average lifespan that exceeds 24 years. Most conventional systems last 10-15 years.
- Use no fossil fuels and give off no carbon dioxide. Very eco-friendly option.
- Can connect to your hot water heater for additional savings.
- Quiet operation due to the elimination of the outdoor unit.
- The federal tax credit of 30% has been extended, so there is even more money to be saved.
What Services does O’Brien’s Offer on Geothermal Systems?
O’Brien can install, repair, and maintain geothermal systems. Even if we didn’t install it, be sure contact us for all your geothermal needs!
Interested in Installing a Geothermal System?
Visit our geothermal page or our geothermal site. Additionally, you can contact the office at (910) 799-6611. For new installations we do offer complimentary in-home evaluations. An experienced comfort consultant will visit your home to do a proper evaluation. Geothermal jobs are a big project and should be left for the professionals!
Recently the Federal Tax Credits have been extended! Now through 2019 you’ll get 30% of the cost of the system back. That’s a huge savings!
Again, this article is just a brief overview of geothermal systems, there is much more to learn. But, if interested in learning more don’t hesitate to contact us!