Aeroseal duct sealing is a great way to close gaps and cracks in your duct work without having to replace it. It is very beneficial in the areas of the home where duct work is not accessible. For example, in the walls or between two floors. This article will explain what Aeroseal duct sealing is, how it will benefit your home, and what to do if you’re interested in Aeroseal.
What is the Aeroseal Process?
First, we seal all the vents off. Then, the machine pressurizes the duct and starts spraying sealant through the duct system. The sealant travels through the duct work and collects at the exit points like the joints and cracks. It’ll collect there until the gaps seal completely. Our special computer then reads the pressure on the duct system and will stop once the gaps are sealed.
When is the best time for Aeroseal?
We can do this procedure with the existing HVAC system in place or we can do this during a new system change out.
Benefits of Aeroseal Duct Sealing
- This product can reduce air leakage by 91%.
- The government reports that home owners are saving up 40% on their energy bills using the Aeroseal process.
- Improves indoor air quality by preventing lingering particles from entering your ductwork.
- Aeroseal also provides a 10-year warranty on the sealant with our process.
- The sealing process leaves no lingering odor, the material does not put off gas over time.
- You’ll receive a report showing how much air was leaking before the process, and how much is leaking once the sealant is used.
Interested in Aeroseal Duct Sealing?
They can visit our website or contact our office. If it’s something we think can benefit your home a comfort specialists will visit your home and evaluate the condition of the ductwork.