Customer Service Representative Job Description
Established in 1981, O’Brien Service Company is a locally owned and operated HVAC business located in Wilmington, NC.
Our mission is to provide outstanding customer service and superior installation, repair, and maintenance of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning products. This will be accomplished by installing only the highest quality and most efficient systems for our residential and commercial clients.
Our vision is to be recognized as the foremost HVAC contractor in North Carolina. We will be the best trained, the most knowledgeable, and the most proficient team. Furthermore, we will encourage humor, politeness, and common courtesy in each member as the standard of behavior at all times. We will promote mutual respect for one another and support a friendly, warm working environment.
Empowering ourselves to ask if is it good for the customer, and company, and is it the right thing to do.
Absolute honesty and integrity.
Everyone works together to achieve excellence.
Self-motivation is the key to growth and profitability.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday with one day off during the week and some overtime.
Based on experience, will be discussed during the interview.
Primary Job Function
This Customer Service Representative position is in our service department. The CSR answers incoming calls and schedules service/maintenance appointments while also maintaining/updating the customer database. On the other hand, the CSR also contacts customers with schedule availability or to confirm an upcoming appointment. Additionally, the CSR provides the Accounting department with maintenance and contract billing information. Furthermore, it’s important to uphold clear and concise communication with department managers and employees.
- Respond to all messages left overnight
- Review appointment availability
- Schedule annual maintenance for customers
- Contact customers when parts are received
- Maintain annual maintenance of customer billing, scheduling, database information, hard files, and renewals
- Update files when information is received from other departments (extended warranties, equipment info, new customers, etc.)
- Manage customer history files in a database
- Prepare paperwork for all manufacture warranty parts
- Track calling efforts/accomplishments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional tele-communicator
- Creative thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Energetic personality
- Timely in all work and attendance
- Prefer 1-2 years of inside sales or telemarketing experience
- High School/GED
O’Brien Service Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for a printable application. You can drop this off at our office located at 5516 Business Dr, Wilmington NC 28405.