What is an Air Handler?
An Air Handler is an indoor unit that pairs with an outdoor unit; together, they form a heat pump (or split system). The handler is able to deliver hot or cool air throughout your home all year long, meaning you can stay comfortable whether it’s a sweltering summer day or a chilly winter evening. Furthermore, O’Brien can install these systems in several convenient places in your home including your attic or crawl space.
Feel this might be the system for you? Here at O’Brien Service Company, we offer several Trane air handlers and stand proudly by the Trane name.
Trane Air Handlers:
Trane revolutionized air handlers when they introduced the Hyperion. Trane says, “The Hyperion™ air handler is built unlike anything the market has ever seen. It is constructed more like a refrigerator than a typical air handler, with insulation between the walls of the innovative cabinet. This insulation prevents condensation that may cause damage to the air handler itself or your home. In addition to eliminating ‘sweating,’ the cabinet also eliminates the loose fibers from fiberglass insulation that may enter the airstream with other air handlers. Also, the exclusive double-wall construction provides families with peace of mind and cleaner, safer indoor air.
For the ultimate in efficiency, the Hyperion XL’s variable speed blower motor fine tunes airflow, while its Comfort-R™ technology controls humidity. Setting the industry standard when it comes to design and intuition, the Trane Hyperion offers durability, efficiency and comfort you’d expect from a Trane.”
Want to learn more? You can also read or watch the quick video linked below to see the benefits of the Hyperion Air Handler.
Benefits of the Hyperion Air Handler:
- Revolutionary technology designed from the ground up to be the industry’s most advanced air handler
- Uniquely designed cabinet
- Fully enclosed insulation
- All-aluminum coil (great for coastal areas)
- Positive pressure cabinet
- Variable-speed Vortica™ blower motor or High-efficiency Vortica™ blower motor
- Unique modular design
- Electronic expansion valve metering device that is 400% more reliable than standard expansion valves
- Quick-turn fasteners
- “No leak” drain pan made from rust-resistant composites and built with a gradual slope
- Heating options for either hydronic or electric heat
- Corrosion-resistant finish
- ComfortLink™ II communicating technology (on select models)
- And finally, highly efficient variable-speed technology (on select models)